Graphic Evidence: Interphase’s Blowout Quarter
by Paul Springer
Interphase Corp.’s Friday rocket ride illustrates the kind of leverage investors can get from investing in a small or microcap stock – a 105% increase in one day.
Young companies like Interphase (INPH) have potential for amazing growth, more than a mature company is likely to see. But Interphase’s quarterly revenue isn’t the only thing growing with leaps and bounds.
Interphase offers design, engineering and products for network and wireless connectivity projects
The company said in a statement that its fourth quarter 2010 revenues were up 24%, to $5.8 million, from the same quarter in 2009.
Fourth quarter net income was $447,000, up from a $4 million loss in the last quarter of 2009.
The markets liked the recent quarter’s performance and apparently didn’t dwell on annual numbers.
On an annual basis, net losses have steadily increased from $1.2 million in 2007, to $3 million in 2008, to $5.6 million in 2009, and finally, to $8.4 million for last year.
Interphase offers a very wide range of services covering network connectivity, interworking, packet processing, long-term evolution broadband transmission, and security for key applications for the communications, mil/aero, and enterprise markets.
That’s a lot of ground, and the company may well be working on initiatives that could allow it to trump competitors.
Failing that, however, it might not be prudent to expect another price doubling the next time Interphase announces a 50% increase in year over year losses.
- Graphic Evidence: Monarch Floats Like a ButterflyMonarch Community Bancorp stock leaped for the stars Wednesday, when markets reacted to the company’s announcement of a...
- Graphic Evidence: Wild Ride of the WeekThey say a picture is worth a thousand words, and such is true of some stock charts....
- Graphic Evidence: GAINSCO Trades Paint with MarketNon-standard auto insurance provider GAINSCO Inc. (GAN) ran into a classic good-news, bad-news scenario, and the graph indicates...
- Graphic Evidence: CHGS Trading in Kamikaze Climate?China GengSheng Minerals stock jumped over 50% a couple days after China announced cutbacks in rare earth exports....
- Graphic Evidence: Anchor Bancorp DropsAnchor BanCorp Wisconsin (ABCW) took a thumping in the market on Thursday, the day after it released financials....
Short URL: http://www.traderdaily.com/?p=11667